Department: SMARTtill EMEA Product Management
Work Status: Not office based
Hours of work: 08.30 to 17:00, 4 days Monday Thursday — 8.30 to 15.45 Fridays
Reports to: SMARTtill Business Consultant
Summary of role:
The role covers the following main tasks:
- Sales support — attending customer meetings, delivering presentations and providing responses to technical questions. Analysing current processes and identifying the level of benefit that can be derived by implementing the SMARTtill Solution®; providing suitable reports and material detailing the benefit.
- Technical lead — working with software houses and end-users as a technical expert to identify the scope and optimum integration method. Providing material and assistance during the integration period. Testing and validating that the integration is fit for purpose. Providing technical support, by phone or on-site, to answer or resolve technical questions or issues.
- Project management — responsible for creating and managing suitable project plans and material to ensure that each opportunity is diligently managed. Provide suitable documentation and material; technical, project, training, user guides, reports, etc.
- Customer support — act as a product expert, providing training and support for installation, commissioning, use, and trouble-shooting to partners and end-users.
In addition to the above the TPM is expected to support our sales team in growing the awareness of the product (attending trade shows) and building strong relationships with our partners and end-users. The TPM will also be expected to provide input on developing the product to suit the target market.
The responsibilities include:
- To define the SMARTtill Solution® integration scope with software houses and software integrators and provide technical guidance /support.
- To test and validate the end-to-end integration with Point of Sale applications.
- To support the Sales functions as a technology expert and build relationships with customers.
- Responsibility for product / technology consultation with partners and customers, managing pilots and integration projects.
- To document product / technical specifications, including user guides, business cases and project KPIs.
- To train channel partners / end-users in installation, commissioning and use of the product.
- To work closely with the business and technical teams to define and clarify customisation and new requirements.
- Any other duties, which may from time to time, be assigned to you by management.
Ideal skills / experience:
- Experience and technical awareness of operating systems such as Windows and Linux.
Project management experience.
- Experience in leading successful delivery of technical / technology related projects.
- Ability to turn broad customer requirements into detailed specifications.
- Skilled in turning user requirements into business logic and product customisation.
- Demonstrated organisation / prioritisation / multi-tasking proficiency.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Strong project management skills with an attention to details.
- Fluent German with good written and spoken English.
- PC literate, with good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Personal attributes / requirements:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A strong team player but also must be able to work independently with a high level of initiative, manage own workload and drive to succeed.
- Comfortable in a rapidly changing environment and working flexibly under pressure.
- Be able and willing to work outside of core defined hours as required to deliver key tasks.
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Culturally aware
- Full driving licence
- Valid passport
- Own car
Other useful skills / experience for the role:
Data analysis, report writing, database experience, cash processing knowledge, retail experience.